Mastery is a 2D platform game made by Tunacat Studio. The game world combines fantasy components of Taoism and the customs of ancient China. The game tells a story of self-discovery as the main character, Yan Qing, masters the five Chi elements during his sacred pilgrimage of mountainous ascension.
The idea of Mastery was come up when Francys was wandering around in GDC and occasionally saw a 2D platformer with the Japanese ninja culture elements. She suddenly thought about combining Chinese culture elements, Taoism, with 2D platformer games, and asked her friend Kirsten to do the project together. Later on, more people showed interests on this game and joined them. That allowed a large scope of work be finished and they are now aiming to finish this game by October this year.
- Free to switch weapons with different elemental attributes
- Puzzles that related to the defeating reactions between elements (e.g. water defeats fire)
- Neat art works and music integrating with cultural elements
- Meditation allowing players to save and recover
- Memory objects manifesting the past stories
UI Designer, Sound Designer